Danny Guilbault practices exclusively in the areas of corporate/commercial law and real estate, helping business people solve problems and assisting them in complying with and taking advantage of federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
Danny was called to the Ontario Bar in 2002, and joined Vincent Dagenais Gibson as a partner, in 2011. He previously worked with the firm Sicotte Guilbault LLP after having articled at Gowlings, preceded by experience with the University of Ottawa Community Legal Clinic and within the legal departments of JDS Uniphase Inc. and of the Office of the Auditor General of Canada.
Danny is actively involved in the Ottawa business community, having namely:
- served as a member of the City of Ottawa's Business Advisory Committee, which provided input and advice to City of Ottawa management and to City Council on issues of particular concern to small and medium-sized businesses in order to assist the City in its decision-making process.
- served as a director of the Caisse Populaire D'Orleans, a credit union that has been in existence since the 1950s and that is part of the Desjardins Group.
Danny is a recipient of a Governor General of Canada medal for academic excellence and has been a member of a provincial (Ontario) championship hockey team. He has been a resident of Ottawa for the past 32 years, where he now enjoys coaching his son’s and daughter’s hockey teams.
Areas of Expertise
- Purchases and Sales of Businesses
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Tax and Estate Planning (including trusts and complex wills for business owners)
- Corporate Financing and Security
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Real Estate
- Shareholder, partnership and other business agreements
- Licenses and other IP related agreements
- Employment Matters